Monday, December 5, 2011

All right, we are two nations ...

When I saw this postcard at PostSecret I was really sad for the poor girl:





















But when I read the two comments below, I was just about heart-broken:

-----Email-----
Hi Frank - My husband and I are not able to have children. Or at least I'm not. I had my 2nd ectopic pregnancy the day before Thanksgiving and they took my last fallopian tube. I would love to get my contact info to the poster of the abortion secret in case she changes her mind and considers adoption. We would make amazing parents!...[email removed]...

-----Email-----
Hi Frank - Can you please take down my email? I'm getting hate mail. I guess it wasn't the right thing to do. Thank you!


Can you even begin to imagine what sort of person would send hate mail to someone so desperate and earnest?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there some way to help her and make her feel that she isn't alone? I feel guilty that I'm not able to help her even though I have no idea who she is.

The Dutchman said...

Prayer always helps.